FOR POWER OUTAGE OR BREAKDOWN, PLEASE CALL 15454
FOR POWER OUTAGE OR BREAKDOWN,
PLEASE CALL 15454

TNB’s subsidiary to participate in developing a 4mw small hydropower station in Terengganu

18/11/2017

TNB Energy Services Sdn. Bhd. (TNBES), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) recently signed a Shareholders’ Agreement with Metrosphere Sdn. Bhd. (Metrosphere) to develop and build a 4MW mini hydropower station in Sungai Tersat, Kuala Berang, Terengganu in a joint venture.

TNBES will hold 49 percent stake in the JV company, Syarikat Metrosphere Hydro Tersat Sdn. Bhd., while Metrosphere will hold the remaining 51 percent. Expected to be completed by end 2019, the 4MW small hydropower station will raise TNB’s small hydropower installed capacity from 17.96MW to 21.96MW.

To be operated under a 21-year Feed in Tariff (FiT) scheme at RM0.25kWh, the station is expected to generate 25GWh of electricity per annum for an expected revenue of RM5 million per year.

The JV company plans to seek further potential sites for small hydropower development in Malaysia, subject to obtaining a favourable FiT scheme.



For more detail: File