Eligible industrial consumers can apply for the Special Industrial Tariff (SIT) to enjoy lower rates. Customers stand to save as much as follows:
- Tariff D - 6%
- Tariff E1 - 7%
- Tariff E2 - 10%
- Tariff E3 - 12%
Who Is Eligible
- Industrial customers under tariff categories D, E1, E2 and E3 who have been in business for at least a year
- Industrial customers whose total annual electricity cost is 5% or more of the total annual cost of its operations
- The computation of the 5% threshold shall be as follows:
Total annual electricity bill (energy and maximum demand charges) x 100%
Total company annual audited cost of its operations includes but is not limited to:
Total company's annual audited cost of its operations
- Operating costs (which include cost of goods sold, cost of production, depreciation, exceptional items, etc.)
- Foreign exchange
- Share of results of associates (if applicable)
- Finance cost
- Extraordinary items
- The Appendix 1 form, duly audited by external auditors of the company (the form can be obtained from the Consumer and Marketing Services Department, Wisma TNBD Jalan Timur)
- Latest audited financial report, duly stamped by a Commissioner of Oaths
- Copy of electricity bill for 12 months (by financial year)
The special industrial tariff will be applied beginning one month after all required documents have been received, and ends during the customer's financial year-end.
The Special Industrial Tariff Committee convenes every month to decide on an applicants eligibility to the tariff. Therefore you may check the status of your application within a period of less than a month.
If your application is successful, you will be asked to sign a supplementary electricity supply contract within 14 working days after receiving a notification letter from TNB.