myTNB APPS (NEW)
We are here for you from the start, bringing you an all-new app walkthrough experience. Quick but effective overview – an intuitive taste of what awaits you with the new myTNB app
In-App Registration: SMS Verification
The new myTNB app features SMS verification to enable easy and simplified registration. No longer will there be additional procedures of awaiting registration confirmation through e-mails. For added security measure, this new feature provides a code that is sent to the user’s phone, which acts as a validation criteria.
Account Management: No More Manual Linking
The new myTNB app offers an intuitive way to automatically link all of your accounts based on your I/C upon registration. No more manual linking of accounts (although we still provide this option). Quickly scan the barcode of the bill to enable a speedier experience to add accounts. Can’t remember different account numbers? Give a meaningful name to each account to personalize the app to your liking.
Home: Interactive Dashboard
A brand new homepage – one single view to monitor your energy consumption and expenditure presented in a simple UI for a clearer picture. You will be able to:
• View and track energy consumption / bills over the past 6 months
• Toggle between different accounts to view / manage / pay different properties. No need to jump around screens!
• Access your e-bill anytime, anywhere!
• Add Accounts on the Go!
• Enjoy payment, promotions, feedback, notification options at your fingertips housed in an intuitive navigation bar
• All these services for all users – normal accounts or Renewable Energy (RE) users
Payment: Seamless In-App & Secure Payment
Whether you’re relaxing at home or on-the-go, pay your bills anywhere and everywhere, quickly and effectively.
• In-app payment experience. No more redirecting out!
• Confidential storage of credit card information for faster recurring payment
• Uber-like card scanning to add cards with ease
• Choice of FPX online payment for additional options.
• Clear and straightforward process that takes only seconds to complete!
Intuitive Feedback Submission
We hear you, and we’re listening. Get in touch with ease!
• Integration of an in-app Feedback form for feedback around bills, faulty street lamps or even general enquiries.
• Communicate rapidly with the enquiry team – you are the architect of your experience here at TNB
• Customers can now report faulty street lamps on the go!
Personalized In-App Notifications
We’ve added a personal touch with our in-app notification and highlights specially catered to keep you up-to-date with your account.
• Receive on time personalized updates when your bill is ready
• Serves as a ‘tap on the shoulder’ for payment reminder as well as disconnection notice
Find Us: Kedai Tenaga Locator
Kedai Tenaga is our Customer Service Centre. Locate our Kedai Tenaga and get directions to the nearest one from your current location (*Please enable location services on your device to enjoy this feature)
Help & Support
A single click away to talk to our friendly Careline Contact Centre, whether it is about your supply consistencies (15454) or billing enquiries (1-300-88-5454).
Be the first to get the best from TNB by viewing our latest news and promotions.
What is myTNB mobile app?
- myTNB mobile app is a digital service to manage your TNB electricity account. View and pay your electricity bills anytime, anywhere, and manage your TNB account on the go!
What’s the difference between myTNB app and myTNB portal?
- myTNB app is a lightweight version myTNB portal to make payment and log feedback.
Why there are two (2) myTNB apps on Google Play / App Store?
- The new myTNB apps (blue icon) is the enhancement of the older version (red icon). To ensure your activities on the older version are not affected, and at the same time giving you opportunity to get used with the newer version, we are keeping both available on App Store and Google Play until further notice.
What’s new on this app?
- New features include a personalized, interactive Dashboard with a detailed view of your usage for the past 6 months, multiple account views, faster in-app payment with the option to save your credit cards, and a stress-free way to submit feedback, from bill-related matters to reporting faulty street lamps.
How can I download the new myTNB app?
- For Apple iOS users, search ‘myTNB new’ on Apple App Store, then click ‘Install’.
- For Android users, search ‘myTNB new’ on Google Play Store, then click ‘Install’.
Is my personal data safe?
- Absolutely. Your privacy is of utmost importance to us, therefore we employ the latest internet security technology to ensure the safety and confidentiality of your data.
Why do I fail to login to myTNB account
- Please make sure your email address is correct. If you’ve forgotten your password, you may reset your password at Forgot Password menu on the login page
Can I login to myTNB app using my MYTNB Self Service Portal user ID and password?
- Yes, you certainly can! myTNB app and MYTNB Self Service Portal uses the same set of credentials (userID and password)
I am currently using the older version of myTNB. Should I switch to the new one? What will happen if I do/don’t?
- Yes, you should! Let us embark on the new myTNB app where you will find an enhanced digital experience with us. Better, no new registration required – simply log in with your existing username/password and you are set to go. Temporarily, we are keeping both versions available for you to get familiar and comfortable with the new app, until further notice.
Do I need to uninstall the existing myTNB app in order to install the new version?
- If your mobile phone is Android version 5 and above or iOS and above, please uninstall the old myTNB app and install the new myTNB app. If you are an Android user of below version 5 or iOS 9, you can still use the old myTNB app. Despite the fact that the old myTNB app and new myTNB app will coexist, we strongly recommend that you install only one app on your phone
Does myTNB app compatible with my device?
- myTNB app is supported on the following platforms: Android 5, 6, 7, and iOS 9, 10, and 11.
Where can I check the version of OS used on my device?
For Apple iOS
- Tap Settings > General > About
Scroll to the bottom and look for Version; this is the version of iOS installed on the device
For Android version
- Tap Settings
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “About phone”, “About device” or similar
The version on your device will be under Android version
Where can I find my bill account number?
- Your 12 – digit account number can be found on the top left corner of your monthly paper bill, or you can scan the barcode at bottom of your bill using the apps and the number will be auto-generated.
I am renting my home, how can I view more usage and account details?
- You would need to add your TNB electricity account as an owner, or, get the rights to view all information from the owner. To do this, you need the IC number registered to the TNB account (owner) of the place you are renting.
I am a landlord and would like my tenants to manage their electricity bills with ease.
- That’s great! Your tenants are welcome to download and use myTNB, but for them to view usage and enjoy full functionalities of the app, they would need to add the TNB electricity account as owners, or, get the rights to do so from you. You can help them out by providing the IC number registered to the TNB electricity account.
I would like to pay for my family’s electricity bills through the app. How do I do this?
- You can add your family members’ TNB accounts and manage them through the app. On your Dashboard, tap on the dropdown button above the usage graph to access the add account function, or go to ‘My Account’ under ‘More’ on the navigation bar. Keep in mind that you will need the IC number registered to the TNB account in order to view full usage details.
Can I add multiple TNB electricity accounts?
- Definitely! You can add multiple accounts through the ‘Add Another Account’ function. On your Dashboard, tap on the dropdown button above the usage graph to access the add account function, or go to ‘My Account’ under ‘More’ on the navigation bar.
How do I check my electricity bill in myTNB app?
- You can check your bill by tapping on ‘View Bill’ on your Dashboard. Alternatively, go to the ‘Bills’ tab on the navigation bar to view your bill and payment history.
How do I pay my bills through myTNB app?
- Paying bills through myTNB is quick and easy. Simply tap on the ‘Pay’ button on your Dashboard and make a payment either with your credit card or through FPX (bank transfer).
Can I store my credit card info in the app?
- Yes, you may choose to save your credit card details on the app for faster payment next time.
Can I pay more than my outstanding amount?
- Yes. The excess amount will be reflected in your next bill.
What is the maximum amount I can pay in one transaction on the app?
- You may pay up to RM 5,000 in a single transaction on the app.
Can I view my usage history beyond 6 months?
- Please visit myTNB Portal for more in-depth information about your TNB electricity account, including usage and billing history of up to two years.
How current is the account information?
- Account information is up to date to the current day.
Can I view my feedback status in the app?
- You may view submitted feedback under the ‘Feedback’ tab on the navigation bar. Once your feedback has been resolved, you will receive an SMS informing you of the update.
How can I contact TNB?
- Getting in touch has never been easier. Call us on 15454 for Outages & Breakdowns and 1-300-88-5454 for Billing & General enquiries about your account. You can also drop us an email at [email protected] or message us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TNBCareline. Alternatively, navigate to ‘Feedback’ on the navigation bar to send an enquiry to our team. We’ll do our best to reply you within 1-3 business days!
I can’t view my past payment receipts (payment made on old myTNB app) in the new myTNB app.
- If the transaction is made on the old myTNB app, the payment receipts will not be available in the new myTNB app. However, you may refer to the old myTNB app and myTNB portal for the last 6 payment receipts.
Where can I find my payment receipt/confirmation number?
- You may find the payment receipt/confirmation number under Bills -> Payment history. Only the payments made via myTNB mobile app will have receipts.
How current is the account information on myTNB app?
- The information you see on the myTNB app is in updated real-time, so it is always accurate. However, if you keep myTNB app opened for an extended period of time, or upon making a payment, you should refresh the app to ensure that information brought up by the app is current.
How can I check the Internet connectivity used on my device?
- You may refer to phone settings to check Internet connectivity (i.e. WiFi, 3G or 4G).
How frequently would I receive updates of myTNB app?
- As soon as there are potential feature changes made to the myTNB app, a version update will be released to users.
I can’t find RE feature on the new myTNB app.
- You may add RE account to the new myTNB app. You may refer to the existing myTNB app for the RE features. Download the existing version here:
- Apple App Store
- Google Play Store
Can I view smart meter by daily consumption?
- We will roll out the new feature soon!
Can I make multiple bill payment?
- We will roll out the new feature on mid-February 2018.
How can I change the display language on the new myTNB app?
- Only English language is available at the moment.
Can I receive more promotions in the future?
- We will upgrade the in-app experience on mid-February 2018.
I am unable to pay the bill using foreign bank’s credit/debit card and FPX.
- You may only pay by using local banks’ credit/debit card and FPX (online transfer).
I can’t upload photo(s) to the app.
Please enable your device’s storage under app permission (Android):
The app is unable to access to camera.
- Please enable your device’s camera under phone settings.
For Android users:
For iOS users:
The app is unable to locate the nearest Kedai Tenaga.
- Please retry on an open area and make sure to enable your device’s location under phone settings.
For Android users:
For iOS users:
I’m experiencing blank screen when logging in to myTNB app.
Please clear the cache under phone settings. For Android users:
The latest bill amount shown in the graph contains figure but the total due amount shown RM0.00.
The figure of the chart shows the total bill amount for each month. Your outstanding bill will be reflected under ‘Total Due Amount’. If the total due amount is RM0.00, it indicates that you have no outstanding amount.
myTNB SELF SERVICE PORTAL
|Home Energy Tools/ HER Widgets|
|View & Print bill|
|Track Monthly Consumption|
|Check Bill for Tenant/Non Account Owner|
|Open or Close Account|
|View List of EC Registered Electrical Contractors|
|• Energy Commission Website|
|Check Electricity Supply Application Status|