Electric Vehicle Ecosystem
TNB's role in the EV Ecosystem in Malaysia
TNB’s main role is to ensure that the network is ready to support the EV charging demand. As for the vehicles, we are the founding members of a coalition named Zero Emission Vehicle Association that help the industry players, especially the automotive industry as well as vehicle importers to come together and lobby for an EV-friendly policy with the government.
TNB realized that the main parameter for EVs to take up is the charging points. Therefore, for some locations, TNB is working together with other partners to deploy EV chargers, both AC and DC.
TNB also provide a geospatial-based platform that customer can book for charging facility.
TNB welcomes the opportunity to partner with the Malaysian government and industry to support EV adoption in Malaysia. TNB is assisting the Government target of 10,000 chargers by 2025. Key focus TNB is assisting on are:
- We offer ILSAS to train the industry workforce (reskilling).
- We will electrify 30% of our fleet to add to EV numbers in the country.
- We also plan to build our chargers and help the rest of the charging point operator company to deploy their chargers.
- We are the founding members of a coalition named Zero Emission Vehicle Association that help govt forming out EV-friendly policies.
Reskilling & Upskilling
- TNB's Reskilling Program to include EV related jobs to help prepare the nation's workforce for the energy transition in both MESI and the transportation and automative sector.
TNB Fleet Electrification
- TNB plans to gradually electrify more of its 4,217 strong vehicle fleet comprising of pickup trucks, lorries, vans, passenger vehicles and other specialised vehicles.
- Seed rollout of public DC EVSEs with government support.
- Streamline the process for EVSE developments and identify suitable locations for it nationwide.
- Explore owning and operating of public AC EVSEs on a commercial basis.
- Establish a fund with matching grants for government for deployment of EVSEs at stratified properties.
- We are the founding members of an EV coalition that comprises both industry players and potential EV customers.
TNB welcomes the opportunity to partner with the Malaysian government and industry to support EV adoption in Malaysia.
TNB Electron Charging Platforms
Three TNB Electron Charging Points (DC) at Perak, Malacca and Terengganu are now open 24 hours.
- R&R Tapah Northbound : RM2.05/min (80kW) & RM 2.35/min (100kW)
- R&R Ayer Keroh Northbound : RM2.20/min (2 x 90kW)
- R&R Paka Northbound : RM 2.20/min (2 x 90kW)
EV users can now use TNB Electron chargers as they travel along the North-South Highway & East Coast Expressway. Activation of the chargers are through GO TO-U mobile app.
Don't forget to Reload-Reserve-Recharge. Stay tuned for more TNB Electron that are well underway towards completion by the end of this year!
They will be at:
- R&R Machap (Southbound)
- R&R Rawang (Northbound)
- R&R Gunung Semanggol (Southbound)
- R&R Gurun (North & Southbound)
- R&R Paka (Southbound)