Economic Stimulus Package Discount On Electricity Bill
Economic Stimulus Package Discount On Electricity Bill for Electricity Consumption Starting 1st April 2020
In view of the Government's Economic Stimulus Package 2020 (PRE2020) and the Government's Economic Stimulus Package (PRIHATIN) recent announcement to reduce the negative impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the Malaysian economy as well as safeguard the welfare of the people, TNB electricity customers will enjoy discount over a six (6) month period of electricity consumption from 1 April to 30 September 2020.
For residential customers, discount eligibility is based on total monthly consumption, as follows:
0-200 kWh = 50%; 201-300 kWh = 25%; 301-600 kWh = 15%; > 600 kWh = 2%
Total discount = % Discount x Consumption in RM (kWh)
Meanwhile, for non-residential customers, these include the following tariff categories:
- Commercial (hotels operators, travel agencies, local airlines offices, shopping malls, convention centers and theme parks) = 15%
- Commercial (other than those 6 selected sectors), Industrial, Agriculture (specific) = 2%
Total discount = % Discount x [Consumption in RM (kW + kWh) + ICPT + Other discount (if applicable)]
During the Movement Control Order (MCO) period,
- The operation of meter reading and physical bill rendering at customer's premises is temporarily discontinued.
- However, bills issued from 20 March onwards will be estimated based on the previous month's consumption.
- Customers will still enjoy the eligible discount for their estimate bill for electricity consumption from 1 April 2020.
- The bills will be adjusted once the TNB meter reader takes the actual reading at the customer's premises after the MCO period has ended (depending on the situation at the time).
Though the bills cannot be delivered to customers' premises during the MCO period, customers can still obtain a copy of the bill through myTNB portal at www.mytnb.com.my or myTNB app which can be downloaded for free on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Please refer to our Economic Stimulus Package Discount FAQ for further details.