Definition of Industrial Consumer
“Industrial Consumer” means a consumer engaging in manufacturing of goods and products.
- Manufacturing means the conversion of raw material or components to finished product such as the making, altering, blending, ornamenting, finishing or otherwise treating or adapting any article with a view to use, sell, transport, deliver or dispose; and includes the assembly of parts and food processing but shall not include any activity normally associated with the retail or wholesale trade.
- Quarrying of minerals, stone and other natural resources and pumping for water treatment plant also terms as Industrial Consumer.
- In addition, the total wattage of lamps and air-conditionings installed for the purpose of office use shall not exceed 20% of the total wattage of all electrical equipment installed.
- “Mining Consumer” means a consumer using most part of the electricity consumed for extracting minerals including dredging activities.
- “Specific Agriculture Consumer” means a consumer conducting specific agricultural activities strictly related to agriculture cultivation and breeding. The activities are confined to agriculture livestock (poultry and/or hatching, cattle and/or dairy, rearing of other animals), aquaculture (the breeding and cultivation of water plants and animals), horticulture (growing of fruits, vegetables and flowers) and pumping for irrigation/drainage of land and for controlling water gates for the production of grains such as paddy.
This programme is intended to improve the quality of TNB customer services for consumers who contribute spend millions of ringgit as on their monthly electricity consumption.
With an aim to promote good bilateral relationships between consumers and TNB, it is a program where users are encouraged to interact directly with TNB for any problems or issues faced.
The focus of this programme has been developed further, not only for business connections but also to address power quality issues, which is a common issue amongst TNB PRIME customers.
PRIME customers are those who are listed in the Top 1000 Large Power Consumers (LPC) throughout the country.
Among The activities carried out under the Prime Programme are as follows:
- Special programmes are developed from time to time and announced via email for effective dissemination of information.
- Regular visits to PRIME customers’ premises by TNB State General Manager, Site Manager and Branch Manager
- Annual dialogue session conducted to foster better relationship between TNB with PRIME customers and for TNB to better understand local issues and problems faced for appropriate action