Work from Home: Using Electricity Efficiently
Beginning 22 October 2020, a majority of the workforce in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, and Putrajaya have started working from home (WFH) in adherence to the government’s latest directive of the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO).
Based on the previous directive on WFH, residential electricity usage may increase more than usual as more time is spent at home.
In our busy schedule working from home or to some, attending classes virtually throughout this period, opportunities abound in using electricity prudently and avoiding wastage.
Hence, TNB advises consumers to practice the following measures for efficient usage of electricity:
- Turn off the computer and pull out the plug after using it. If charging laptops, turn off the switch when it’s done charging;
- Ensure all doors, windows and air outlets are neatly closed while using the air-conditioner so cold air would not escape the room. Use a fan to help cool the room so the temperature of the air-conditioner can be set higher (between 24 and 26 degrees Celsius) to save electricity;
- Clean the air-conditioner filters to maximise the cooling process. Dirty filters block the airflow and reduce the efficiency of the air-conditioner;
- Avoid washing clothes using warm or hot water unless needed and use the washing machine with a full load;
- Reduce the use of tumble dryer. Take advantage of the hot weather to dry clothes;
- Turn off switches and pull out the plugs of electrical appliances when not in use. Do not leave appliances like a fan on in an empty room;
- When taking a shower using the water heater, reduce shower time;
- Try ironing a batch of clothes in one go as it saves electricity; and
- If using an electric oven, avoid opening the oven door frequently while cooking to ensure the oven temperature remains stable. Cooking many dishes at a time also saves more electricity.
Consumers can get further information on ways to use electricity prudently and wisely via www.mytnb.com.my.
Consumers will continue to benefit from the Economic Stimulus Package Discounts of up to 50 per cent for their monthly electricity usage, under the Prihatin Rakyat Economic Stimulus Package (PRIHATIN) which has been extended until 31st December 2020.
For more detail: File
Untuk ketahui lebih lanjut: File