Change of Tenancy
Change of Tenancy (COT)
Application by a customer who moves into existing residential premises with ready electricity supply
- Customer who has bought a house from previous owner
- Tenant who wants to register the rented property to be under his/her own name (previously under landlord’s name)
- Any customers who wish to register the premise under his/her own name for valid reason
Where to apply for Change of Tenancy?
1) Application On-line
Customer may apply for change of tenancy by filling in the e-form via myTNB Self Service Portal.
2) Application at TNB Kedai Tenaga nearest to your premise
- The move-in customer completes the Domestic Supply Application Form and Declaration Form (Owner or Occupier), and brings it to the Kedai Tenaga (Customer Service Centre). MyKad or Identification Document must be brought along as a proof of identity. Make payment for Processing fee (RM3 for LV, RM80 for MV/HV), Stamp Duty (RM10) and Security Deposit (depends on the premise category).
- The existing customer (the move-out customer) shall be contacted by TNB to confirm his/her agreement to close his/her electricity account.
- TNB shall inform the move-in customer once the COT process is successful.
*Application Form and Declaration Form can be obtained at any Kedai Tenaga or be downloaded here:
- Electricity Supply Application Form – Malay/English Version
- Declaration Form (Owner) – Malay/English Version
- Declaration Form (Occupier) – Malay/English Version
For clarification and information on tenant-landlord matters regarding electricity supply / change of tenancy, please click here.